Responsibilities (* indicates Essentials Duties):
The Senior Data Engineer is part of a team of data analysts and have overall responsibility for maintaining and directing the ongoing development of the data infrastructure, that serves as the foundation for JLL client’s global real estate portfolio planning function.
The Senior Data Engineer will oversee the following functions:
- Design, create and maintain appropriate data architecture,
- Design, and implement process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Implement the infrastructure required for ETL data processes and the acquisition and transfer of real estate, financial and HR data using SQL and other technologies.
- Work with multiple client stakeholders to assist with bugs, technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with on-site team to obtain necessary information and ensure system accuracy.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Developing processes and systems to improve current operations, platform development and data analysis.
- Create custom views, adhoc analysis, dashboards and report sets utilizing business intelligence and query tools.*
- Validating and testing data used in all reporting.
- Working with on-site management to design and execute analyses focused on specific problems or programs.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel may be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, statistics or mathematics or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Solid customer service skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel and/or Google spreadsheets for report generation and data manipulation.
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word to present findings, reports and analyses
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated team and collaboration skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, technical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- 3-5 years as a data engineer/technical analyst
- Experience with data quality control and normalization.
- Experience with Structured Query Language and database design concepts.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Experience with Financial Analysis.
- Experience with ETL platforms and ETL workflow design and execution.
- Knowledge of CAFM/IWMS systems.
- Understanding of Facilities, Real Estate and Asset Management industry and practices.