What this job involves:
Upkeep of data platform to enable strategic planning
Being in the right location is crucial to any business’s success. However, coming up with the perfect location strategy is not a walk in the park—even for a large and well established tech client such as ours. That’s where we come in.
Our experts work closely with this renowned technology company to ensure that its data infrastructure—on which it relies to arrive at the best decisions regarding its real estate portfolio—remains in tip-top condition.
So where do you fit in the picture? If you’re someone who can harness the power of data, and relishes the idea of developing and improving processes and systems for data collection, analysis and storage, we’re looking for you!
We need someone who shares our priority of giving this particular stakeholder access to high-quality real estate, financial and human resources data. Consistent implementation of the governance processes and best practices for acquiring/transferring and preparing data is also key to maintaining a superior data infrastructure.
Functional and technical leadership to make complex data understandable and actionable
- Develops and manages the delivery of data and information management solutions to satisfy business needs within assigned functional responsibilities.
- Develops data management processes and infrastructure to efficiently source and integrate multiple internal / external data sources to increase the value of the data to the organization.
- Contributes to the design of information infrastructure, and data management processes to move the organization to a more sophisticated, agile and robust target state data architecture.
Organising and setting direction
- Interfaces with internal colleagues and external professionals to determine requirements, anticipate future needs, and identify areas of opportunity to drive data development.
- Manages functional team to effectively develop data management processes to reduce complexity, improve data quality, and increase efficiency throughout the information management lifecycle.
- Ensures team adherence to standard data operating procedures, data quality standards, and data privacy/security requirements.
- Facilitates the migration of departmental and business processes to JLL strategic solutions, ensuring business continuity throughout the migration
Sound like you? To apply you need to be:
Smart and experienced
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience in the fields of information science, data management and/or computer science.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a solid quantitative discipline in science, business, or social science. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in data architecture, data integration/ETL, data warehousing, and business intelligence applications deployed in a complex environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data modelling, database design and database administration.
- Experience in building and managing a virtual team of multi-cultural information management professionals.
- Understanding of the basic fundamentals of software development lifecycle processes and procedures.
- The ability to interact and communicate with a diverse set of stakeholders at multiple levels within the organization.
- Ability to scope, plan and execute on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent project management and technical skills.
- Ability to recruit and develop individuals with technically sophisticated skillsets.
- An ability to evaluate qualitative and quantitative data—and translate it into strategic deliverables—is essential.
- Must have strong SQL skills. Knowledge of ETL tools such as Informatica, SSIS and other data science tools such as Python, R, Tableau are desirable
- Knowledge of cloud based technologies on Azure such as Data Bricks, Azure functions, Graph databases etc., are added advantages
- An understanding of real estate fundamentals will also go a long way.
An effective communicator
Strong written and spoken communication skills will prove vital. You’ll also be effective in building team and client relationships.
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realise your full potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package.