- Do you have good data analysis and interpretation skills?
- Are you passionate about sustainability and the environment?
- Join CSIRO and make a difference!
As the CSIRO Business and Infrastructure Services (CBIS) Project Officer - Environmental Data, you will manage the capture, analysis and reporting of CSIRO’s operational environmental performance data. You will liaise with a variety of stakeholders to ensure environmental performance data is robust, accurate and supports CSIRO’s business decision-making.
You will be a member of the CSIRO Environmental Sustainability Team – this team coordinates the implementation of our Carbon strategy and associated environmental projects and manages the reporting of our environmental performance data to internal and external stakeholders.
Your duties will include
- Environmental data management including:
- Coordinating and maintaining CSIRO's environmental performance datasets and implementing effective processes to capture, upload and report on environmental data.
- Working with key stakeholders to establish and maintain processes that enable the capture, analysis and maintenance of new, modified and existing environmental datasets.
- Environmental reporting including:
- Analysing CSIRO's environmental performance data to identify trends and opportunities for energy, water or waste efficiency improvements.
- Collating, analysing and providing relevant high-quality environmental reports to stakeholders.
- Championing the use and value of available environmental performance data to key stakeholders.
To be successful you will need
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in data management, IT software solutions, business analyst skills or environmental sustainability field.
- Experience in the configuration and maintenance of web-based data management systems and processes, data integration, data integrity and data quality requirements.
- Proven data analysis and interpretation skills, and a good working knowledge of data visualisation techniques and approaches.
- A history of identifying and evaluating data improvement opportunities that optimise environmental data outcomes for stakeholders and manage key risks.
- Good communication, project and time management skills.
- To be able to travel domestically as required