A little bit more about the role
The Salesforce Developer’s role is to build, deploy and support CRM solutions for operational teams within Envato. Working within a development team, the Salesforce Developer will assist in the acceleration & level-up of Envato’s current Salesforce capabilities, integrating with internal systems and improving existing operational processes through automation.
We’ve established links between Envato systems and Salesforce, with the ability to synchronise data through an Identity SSO. We are now looking to further integrate communications platforms (e.g. Zendesk) and reporting capabilities through Tableau.
You will have had some development experience, ideally with Ruby however happy to pick it up along the way to assist further with the integrations both present and in the future.
What you’ll be doing
We value people who can roll up their sleeves and get things done while keeping the big goals in sight. As Senior Developer, you'll be part of a team that supports the wider engineering team to ensure the reliability of Envato's websites. Here's a snapshot of your day-to-day:
- Monitoring: contribute to the improvement of the monitoring and measurement systems that support our operational scale and continuous delivery
- Operations: help the engineering team to operate the systems required to deliver the sites
- Emergency Response: take part in the roster to support the site after normal office hours, troubleshoot live production issues, facilitate the response to emergency situations, and review incidents and make recommendations based on lessons learned
- Performance, Efficiency & Latency: contribute to the measurement techniques that assist in the performance tuning of the applications stack, use the monitoring systems to help maintain application performance at acceptable levels, and recommend and implement performance improvements across the stack
- Security & Risk: participate in the ongoing process to identify and mitigate risk in Market systems
- Capacity Planning: use our monitoring to advise on capacity requirements
- Developing: write clean, well thought out and reliable code (we don't have analysts, testers or system administrators)
Skills & Qualifications
- Is likely to have 3+ years of Salesforce development
- Current Salesforce development certifications.
- Has experience with integrating non-native API’s/systems and apps with Salesforce
- Has experience with building complex workflows using Process Builder, Flows and Apex Classes.
- Extensive development experience with Apex, Visualforce, Eclipse IDE, web services, API, SOAP, lightning components, process builder and VF flow.
- Proficient in Writing Apex classes, Triggers, Visualforce pages, Lightning Component, Integration.
- Has proven an ability to deliver multiple projects over a period of time
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with the rest of the team and key stakeholders within the business
- Effectively takes and gives constructive feedback to work towards a better solution
- Effectively and proactively communicates with stakeholders for the delivery of required and desired functionality
- Is professionally self-aware and can objectively and dispassionately evaluate their own strengths and weaknesses
- Pro-actively seeks and acts upon feedback on their performance from stakeholders and managers
- Engages with the technology community and helps grow Envato as a technical brand
- Displays honesty, openness, fairness, transparency and integrity in line with the Envato values