Stax empowers companies to be confident in cloud. We enable people to see their AWS spend in ways that make sense to them, continuously monitor resources for compliance with business rules and best practices, and identify ways of reducing waste.
We’re a small, autonomous product team within Versent, a rapidly growing cloud consulting organisation specialising in AWS. We’re located in the Melbourne CBD but are flexible with hours and remote work. We solve problems iteratively and continuously deploy to production multiple times a day. Our backend stack is modern but pragmatic; we write applications in a mix of Ruby and Go, deploy them on ECS, and leverage managed AWS services wherever suitable.
As part of the team, you would be:
- Implementing GraphQL and REST API endpoints for frontend and internal applications
- Designing and improving existing data pipelines for AWS billing and resource data
- Providing product designers with technical feedback and working with them on solutions
- Assisting customer success people with technical questions
- Helping manage and evolve our AWS infrastructure
- Taking part in a rotation responding to incidents and outages
We’re looking for someone who:
- Wants to work on a product they would use themselves
- Has a DevOps/SRE mindset (i.e. you build it, you run it)
- Understands how to make technical choices in the context of business goals
- Knows their way around Postgres performance
- Can adapt and grow with the rest of the team and company
- Builds resilient systems and appreciates the importance of observability
- Can commiserate with us on the idiosyncrasies of AWS
Benefits of working with us include:
- Flexible and remote work
- Catered team lunch every Thursday
- Self-education budget and we cover the cost of AWS certifications
- Your choice of hardware
- Competitive salary package
If that all sounds good to you, we’d love to chat!