Our education programs are life-changing educational experiences where students graduate with the skills and mind set to take on new careers in a wide variety of newly created tech roles. Our students are passionate about information technology including data science and cyber security, often career changers who are working full time in a similar or unrelated field.
We are looking for senior analysts to help develop our cyber security curriculum to lead this transformative experience.
This is a part-time contract and project based role that can be completed remotely.
Why become involved in the Data Science Institute of Australia?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know and love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity, you will:
- Hone your own technical skills by becoming part of the education team
- Deepen your own skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven beginners and leave as empowered cyber security professionals.
- Contribute your own expertise to a deep and broad curriculum
- Facilitate a supportive and energetic community that lasts well beyond the course.
As a member of the education team, you will not only impact the careers of your own students who are mostly changing careers, but you’ll also have a unique opportunity to shape the potential of students.
Skills and Qualifications
Interest and Bakcground
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, and trajectories of the newest generation of cyber security professionals.
- You are eager to join a fast-growing education business.
- You have at least 3 years of professional cyber security industry experience.
Proficiency in Cyber Tools
- Digital literacy (Python)
- Popular tools for use in cybersecurity, networking and protocol, system structures
Experience with Security, education, training and awareness
- Social engineering, phishing, hacking etc.
- Strategies to prevent employees from becoming victims of hacking
- Knowledge of raining, education and awareness programs for your organisation.
Experience with Penetration testing
- Kali Linux popular array of tools, website pen testing, external/internal (Blackbox/White box) system exploitation, vulnerability testing
Security management and administration
- Creating and enforcing a security policy, managing security staff, working alongside the IT department, Technical elements like patching and securing systems
Crime and forensics
- Laws – regulations -
- Analysing internet traffic for anomalies, analysing systems for traces of hacking, acquisition, verification, extraction, reconstruction of files
Responsibilities and Duties
- Coordinate with directors with the planning and implementation of the Cyber Security program
- Develop to the material and direction of an expanding curriculum, ensuring the course remains cutting-edge and effective for students.
- Collaborate alongside staff in order to best meet the needs and learning styles of students
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
Other Potential Opportunities
- Deliver instructions to students part time or full time, including teaching, advising, and further content development.
- Work closely with your instructional team to provide students with meaningful and prompt feedback on their progress
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.