Job no: 744773
Business unit: Technology and Operations
Position location: VIC, Melbourne, 101 Collins St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
- Innovative and Delivery Driven Team
- Heavy Investment in Technology and Training
- CBD location, 101 Collins St
As one of Australia’s leading wealth managers, we strengthen the financial standing of our clients through bespoke wealth and investment strategies. Our clients include individuals, families, institutions and for-purpose organisations across Australia and New Zealand.
Here at JBWere, you can make your mark by transforming our digital multi-cloud environment. We have a range of exciting digital projects using the latest technology stack, and are looking for talented technology experts to join our team.
About the Role:
The role of Senior Developer is part of the JBWere Technology team to provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the engineering team and stakeholders. The characteristics include being versatile, displaying leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC, ultimately assisting in moving technology forward, with a strong focus on full-stack solutions including React (or Angular), and microservices in Java Springboot.
- Development: Work with teams to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements to establish system requirements.
- Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems.
- Develop program and code technology applications software solutions to meet agreed specifications.
- Improve, enhance and correct systems as necessary.
- Support: Make initial diagnosis of problems, for a system or sub-system or apply known solutions, including documenting problems, progress checking, and escalation to ensure resolution.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
- Write well-designed, testable code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop/contribute to software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
- Document and maintain software functionality
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Comply with project plans, industry standards and regulatory requirements
- Define, implement and maintain configuration of systems
- Share a 24/7 on-call rotation
- Expert in full-stack software development, solution architecture and/or quality engineering experience in multiple environments
- The ability to engage well with stakeholders and peers
- Technical acumen in technologies associated with complex and deeply integrated systems e.g. e2e domain, business logic and technology (framework/service architecture)
- Strong experience with CI/CD, TDD, BDD
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure would be highly regarded, as would GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Swagger, Artifactory, Jenkins, Linux, and Agile
We don’t just look for someone based on their skills and expertise, we value a cultural fit more than a shopping list of technical buzzwords. What we often look for:
- Collaborative, creative, open to learning, a strong communicator.
- Good relationship skills and have an ability to empathise with others
- A passion for making a difference
- Can work independently but also strong a team player
- Focused on high quality deliverables and speed
- Eager to present new ideas to your peers & senior management.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you.