Job no: 741837
Business unit: Technology and Operations
Position location: VIC, Docklands, 700 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
- Risk & Support Division
- 800 Bourke Street
- Senior Consultant Engineer (DevOps)
Risk and Support is undergoing some exciting change throughout the division. Part of this change means hiring an experienced Senior Consultant Engineer to provide technical leadership, support and mentoring to DevOps teams, other members of the Architecture community as well as Solution Design (SD) expertise. The role is a key enabler for increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of technology delivery.
Working closely with Solutions Architecture your key focus will be to provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. Another key aspect of the role is the identification and resolving of issues that impact the business architecture, application integrity, simplicity index and technical debt.
The successful applicant will also be taking a leadership and mentoring position within the team, ensuring the technical quality and appropriateness of solutions delivered by the team. Your key focus will be to focus on business outcomes across a technical landscape.
- Development: Work with teams to analyse business processes, procedures and user requirements in order to establish system requirements. Develop solutions and specifications so that agreed requirements can be converted into functional systems.
- Develop program and code technology applications software solutions to meet agreed specifications.
- Improve, enhance and correct systems as necessary.
- Support: Make initial diagnosis of problems, for a system or sub-system or apply known solutions, including documenting problems, progress checking, and escalation to ensure resolution.
- Drive automation of application deployment for production and pre-release environments.
- Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
- Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement; recommend solutions and help teams with implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
Core skills Required:
- Software delivery technical skills such as Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Automated Deployments, Automated Testing, Build Servers, Software Configuration Management.
- Infrastructure knowledge such as Physical/Virtual Hardware, Storage, Networks, etc. Working experience in Cloud technologies.
- CI/CD toolsets such as Git, Jenkins, Artifactory, Packer, Ansible, etc.
- Modern programming languages, SQL & NoSQL scripting. Experience in different database platforms.
- Data integration technologies such as Informatica.
- APIs, microservices
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Fast paced environment, with leading edge technology and innovation
- Work in a collaborative environment with highly talented and motivated colleagues that are passionate about knowledge sharing
- Salary confirming to market standards
- Flexible working policy
Think you have what it takes? We would love to hear from you!
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advert.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve.
At NAB we support workplace flexibility. Have a chat to us about how this can work for you.