Get to know our Team:
We focus on humanizing big data, be a bridge between the technical and operational (market) side of business and to use data in order to align with strategic goals.
If you like a good challenge and love to find new ways of interpreting data then you’re a perfect fit.
Get to know the Role:
· Be our expert in using data to measure and analyse business performance in each our markets and lines of business.
· Explore business issues/opportunities, uncover insights and/or identify targeted areas for business growth.
· Partner with management and operational teams to deep dive on core issues and use our data to find answers.
· Collaborate with various expert teams to rollout effective products/services and to expand Grab’s universe of data for building richer insights.
· Lead new data analytics capability rollouts and/or data-led initiatives throughout Grab.
The day-to-day activities:
· Monitor key metrics and alert the business on potential issues.
· Analyse operational efficiency and build business models to guide decision-making.
· Design market/business intelligence reports and performance measurement dashboards.
The must haves:
· A Bachelor's/Masters degree, preferably in Analytics, Statistics, Economics or Engineering
· Experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Science role, preferably in an Internet or 'Direct to Consumer' company with large, complex, high velocity data
· Management experience, either project lead or line management required
· Experience in business, strategy and/or tech consulting would be an advantage
· Strong foundation in data query/manipulation using SQL and data visualisation using tools like Tableau.
· Experience using R, Python or other tools for statistical analysis is a strong plus.
· Effective communicator to both technical and business audiences
· Passionate about solving problems – possesses a relentless need for investigation and data exploration.
· Results and detail-oriented, with strong intuitions on how to solve problems creatively and quickly.
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.