Get to know our Team:
Connecting driver partners with riders to complete millions of trips across South East Asia every day is complex.
The marketplace team works closely with data-scientists, product managers and country leaders to efficiently balance supply and demand, ensuring the experience for Riders and Driver Partners is seamless. The team is focused on improving marketplace efficiency, overall marketplace experience, pricing, incentives and the corresponding products and tools across the entire region.
Get to know the Role:
- You will be responsible to help improve marketplace efficiency and experience through doing local studies, shaping products, developing pricing and incentives strategies across the region. This role will work across many functions and teams in the company.
- The ideal candidate is deeply analytical, and has a strong understanding of the mechanics and levers that make an efficient marketplace, along with strong communication skills.
- You’ll be fascinated by the dynamics of supply and demand, bringing analytics, but also understanding we are communicating and engaging with humans.
The day-to-day activities:
- Develop local studies, using market and internal data, applying both qualitative and quantitative techniques, to come up with recommendations on product features, pricing / incentives strategies and strategic recommendations
- Develop a deep behavioral understanding of our passengers and drivers based on econometric analysis, geo-spatial visualizations, user interviews, and cultural understanding of our relevant markets.
- Translate these understandings into actionable, creative insights that improve the user experience.
- Testing and validating the insights via rapid experimentation and deployment, and working effectively with tech and product teams to translate validated insights into scaled-up, deployed products
- Provide thought leadership and generate data driven hypotheses to solve key Product/Business problems across the region.
- Define and develop a framework for experimentation and provide direction related to the design & measurement of A|B tests on the platform
- Use data to understand inefficiencies in the marketplace and use tools to identify and action ways to improve the performance of the marketplace.
The must haves:
- At least 2+ years of work experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Science, Finance, Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Computer Science, or related fields. preferably in an Internet or ‘Direct to Consumer’ company with large, complex, high velocity data. Prior experience with Product management will be a definite plus
- Experience with data analysis / scripting / programming tools like SQL, R or Python and Data Visualization platforms like Tableau / Qlikview / D3.js, etc.,
- Prior experience with designing, running and analyzing A/B tests and product experiments
- Experience solving prediction, classification and optimization problems using applied statistics and machine learning will be a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and solve ambiguous problems in a fast paced environment
- Ability to distill data and articulate an actionable point of view to non-technical audiences and senior stakeholders using presentations, interactive visualizations, et al.
- Excellent problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills
Get to know Grab:
Grab is more than just the leading ride-hailing and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia. We use data and technology to improve everything from transportation to payments and financial services across a region of more than 620 million people. We work with governments, drivers, passengers, merchants, and the community, to solve critical problems in Southeast Asia.
Grab began as a taxi-hailing app in 2012, but we have since extended our product platform to include GrabCar, GrabShare, GrabBike, GrabHitch, GrabExpress, GrabFood, GrabCoach, GrabShuttle, GrabCycle. We recently launched our fintech platform – GrabFinancial, which consists of payments, lending and insurance. Our latest addition is GrabVentures, an in-house incubation platform. We are focused on pioneering new commuting and payment alternatives for drivers and passengers with an emphasis on convenience, safety, and reliability. Currently, we offer services in 8 countries. Our R&D offices are in Singapore, Seattle, Beijing, Bangalore, Jakarta and Vietnam. We aspire to unlock the true potential of Southeast Asia and look for like-minded individuals to join us on this ride.
If you share our vision of driving South East Asia forward, apply to join our team today.