This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented and motivated UX designer to be part of the team building Australia's most popular and high-profile app and digital experiences.
Our mobile team (formerly known as Outware Mobile) have been creating products for more than 8 years now for companies like ANZ, Transurban, SEEK and Coles. We have a wealth of experience and love what we do, and how we’re looking for an equally enthusiastic user experience designer to join our team. It’s a great opportunity to work with some of the most passionate mobile designers and developers in the country and help define digital experiences for millions of Australians.
We’re currently working with one of Australia’s best known companies to help redefine their core business. As a UX designer on the team, you’ll be working alongside product owners, stakeholders, development teams and other designers to define requirements and deliver best in class experiences that will help transform their business.
It’s a fast paced environment, and you’ll be able to communicate well with those around you, define solutions which create value for both users whilst being technically feasible, all while working within required timeframes.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with stakeholders, product owners and developers to gather and understand product requirements
- Helping prepare and facilitate client collaborative design workshops
- Applying a user-centred design approach to develop, design and document the detailed user journey for an app
- Briefing clients about your concepts and work together to refine them
- Creating interactive prototypes to communicate your intentions and validate ideas
- Preparing and running user testing sessions
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure that the technical dependencies and possible user experience risks are handled upfront
- Working with development teams throughout the Agile development lifecycle
- Regularly presenting your work to stakeholders at weekly showcases
Skills that you have
- Demonstrated UX design experience - ideally with corporate or digital agency environments (mobile design experience is highly advantageous)
- Experience in creating UX deliverables such as wireframes and user flows, using tools including Sketch and Axure
- Experience creating interactive prototypes for customer testing
- Experience preparing and moderating testing sessions
- Ability to express your ideas and opinion on what makes a great mobile user experience
- Excellent working knowledge of iOS and Android design guidelines
- Understanding of the Agile software delivery environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders and colleagues (including those working remotely)
- Experience presenting to groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work at high speed, multi-task, and manage multiple projects at once with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable about mobile apps and devices
- Professionalism and a delivery focused attitude
- Visual Design skills desirable but not essential
Perks of working with Arq
- Improve and develop your mobile design and development skills on high profile projects
- Be part of a creative and passionate team that loves technology
- Be supported by friendly and experienced colleagues that can help you progress your career
- Work from a great central location close to public transport and cafes
- Join a team that is committed to being a great place to work
- Regular company wide hackathons
As part of your application you must include:
- A link to your online portfolio - demonstrating your key achievements, including your UX design process where available
Please note you must be a resident or have appropriate work rights to be considered for this role.