Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Mobile, Data & Analytics and Cloud, which means we are capable of defining, designing and creating products that solve problems on a large scale. We design platforms that scale across millions of customer, and products that engage across multiple channels.
We are looking for Cloud Engineers to join our Cloud Solutions Practice in Melbourne to work directly with our customer’s teams to solve their business challenges, enabling them to use technology more intelligently and leverage long term value from their investments. You will bring expertise in automation, infrastructure as code and DevOps culture , and will be contributing to the design and build of solutions.
What you get to do:
- Automate solutions to scale and self-heal, speeding innovation, reducing development time and supporting costs and effort.
- Improving our automation. We hate doing repetitive boring tasks and strive to spend our time doing fun and exciting things instead. You’ll be expected to improve our existing automation infrastructure and making machines do the boring stuff. You’ll be writing Chef cookbooks and recipes, testing them, getting feedback from your peers and our customers and deploy to production.
- Building services for our team. One of the primary drivers of our group is to enable the Cloud Practice to be more awesome for our customers. So you’ll improve our existing services, make them scale, make them more reliable. You’ll also build new services when you see an opportunity to help your colleagues.
- Work hand in hand with our customers and other internal teams. Participate in supporting the development and update of standards, processes and tools. You will support and be actively involved in the development of frameworks, best practices and patterns, and be a facilitator and moderator of future collaborative team work.
- There’s no throwing problems over the wall around here. Everyone brings a different vantage and expertise to the problems we see, expect to over-communicate and not be afraid to jump on a call or walk down the hall to talk face to face during a problem solving session. The Cloud Engineer works to an on-call schedule and builds solutions to minimise maintenance and support.
- Hands on expertise in building complex, integrated application solutions , with knowledge of infrastructure components, virtualization technologies, middleware and SOA
- Technical Acumen – Strong domain knowledge in cloud implementation, working knowledge of current IT and systems technologies and standards. RHEL, CentOS and Windows with Apache, Tomcat, IIS as our primary application servers talking to MySQL, MSSQL and Oracle database engines.
- Cloud Aware - We deploy primarily to Amazon Web Services both for IaaS and PaaS and prefer to use CloudFormation and Chef for provisioning and configuration management. There is no racking or wiring as a part of this job.
- Business Acumen – Ability to gain the respect of not only peers, but also business management. Understanding of business requirements and processes as they related to cloud architecture.
- General Management/Leadership – Recognized as a person able to inspire others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction in the area of solution development.
- Application Design, Development, and Testing – Software Life Cycle Management techniques and Tools for managing requirements, processes, and object versioning
- Integrated Development Environments preferably based upon UML
- working knowledge of modern software development languages including such as J2EE or .NET technologies
- Ability to work with business people in a collaborative application design and development environment
- Other technologies include TrendMicro DeepSecurity, Brocade SteelApp and Splunk.
- Interpersonal Relations – works with the power of ideas rather than mandates.
Our people are our greatest asset. Curiosity is in our DNA. Courage is in our hearts. And collaboration is at our core. “Our Ways” set us apart from others in how we deliver to our customers and work together. From wellness programs, learning and development, social calendars to coffee machines, and more. We've got something for everyone to be themselves. Did we also mention how much fun it is to work with other Arqadians? And yes, it is true; we love what we do. Join Arq Group and find your space to (change).
At Arq Group, we unleash the possibilities between business and people.