This role holds the holistic accountability for engineering design, testing, product delivery and Tier 3 operational support for strategic platforms in Network Analytics, IoT supporting in excess of $20Million p.a. in review.
There are 2 primary accountabilities for this role.
Firstly, the role is accountable to deliver the vision of driving Optus Networks’ digital transformation through Big Data, Analytics and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The role will be tasked to deliver the Networks Analytics strategy comprising of the following 4 pillars:
- Create data-driven culture
- Drive innovation
- Support business transformation
- Develop talent
Secondly, the role is accountable to support the Internet of Things (IoT) with the planning and project management of new or existing M2M services, including technology selection, capacity planning, service rollout and service performance improvement.
- End to end accountability for delivery of Networks Big Data solution, Networks Analytics, IoT platform and service
- Platform Capacity Planning, Design, Implementation, Management, Life Cycle and Strategic Architecture of all Networks Data Analytics and IoT platforms
- Monitoring of industry technological trends, business trends and demand drivers and their applicability to Optus’ services in Networks Big Data solution, Networks Analytics and IoT
- Implementation of trials with vendors to introduce innovation into the Optus network for Networks Big Data solution, Networks Analytics and IoT services
- Development of Strategic architecture for the evolution of the Networks Big Data, Networks Analytics, IoT platform (1-2 years, and longer term : 3-4 years)
- Driving transformational changes within Networks Data Analytics and IoT (technology and organisational) to significantly change the cost structure of the business
- Business unit management and completion of large projects
- Financial management, including capex/opex planning and input to product cost models
- Capital Planning and Management, accurate forecasting (resource and cost)
- Quality assurance, oversight and approval for all Networks Data Analytics and IoT IME related activities
- Quality assurance, oversight and approval of tenders (RFI/RFP/RFT) document within the Networks Data Analytics and IoT domain
- End to end accountability for Networks Data Analytics and IoT services and on time/budget delivery of projects and change requests
- Coordination of virtual teams at executive level (VP/MD)
- End to end accountability for planning, design and engineering aspects to strategy, security, and solutions architecture activities
- Planning and direct interface with other business units and divisions
- Long Term Architecture Development and Architecture & Design Reviews
- Vendor liaison and negotiations
- Development of strong working relationships across the business driving new product developments and enhancements to existing products, particularly with Marketing groups within Group Enterprise and Group Consumer
Experience and Qualifications
- Degree in Telecommunication, Engineering or Computer Science or elated field
- Data Engineering including Hadoop, Big Data Lambda Architecture
- Ability to manage engineering design teams (over 5 or more years).
- Good financial knowledge of project procurement, including capital and operational expenditures.
- Ten + years of experience in the ICT Industry
- Experience in Network architecture design, planning, technical support or project management of Telecommunication Systems, Mobile Network or IT Systems.
- Ability in managing specialist technical staff in high pressure, highly complex technical activities
- Ability in managing technology developments and vendors commercial negotiations
- Ability in financial budget management (capital up to $10m and operating up to $2m)
- Ability to deliver simultaneously multiple complex projects (of several $m value) to budget and schedule.
- Ability to understand the threats from OTT players and drive strategies in mitigating them
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives & life experiences of all our people help us innovate & create strong connections with all of our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply ASAP!!