Come and be a part of our exciting growth journey as we take the analytics frontier to the next level!
The Data Centre of Excellence (DCoE) at Optus exists to help realise the vision of becoming a customer-centric organisation, driven by a data and analytics capability that enhances customer interactions and revenue generation.
Playing a key role to guide & influence other business professionals, data scientists & analytics enthusiasts from around the organisation, you will help shape our analytics and data asset roadmap by building leading edge solutions that drive customer centric thinking.
The role of Senior Data Scientist is responsible for leading the development of advanced machine learning & AI analytics capability (which includes but not limited to propensity modelling, AI, machine learning, mathematical optimisation) to support the Optus Data Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the AD, Data Science to identify additional data sources, feature engineering, data discovery and developing new algorithms from big data assets
- Mentoring other Analysts and Data Scientists, in querying customer data, performing analyses, and presenting findings in a clear and understandable language
- Identify additional data sources, complete feature engineering, data discovery and developing new algorithms from big data assets, building machine learning models
- Provide governance around the build of machine learning models and deployment into the production environment
- Manage the establishment of an advanced analytical and modelling infrastructure, the upkeep of the modelling engine and sharing modelling and analytical expertise with the wider Data Science & Analytics team
- Maintaining a working knowledge of best practice analytics and modelling techniques and identifying ways to implement them into the Optus environment.
We offer all kinds of benefits, such as:
- Work collaboratively in an open, agile environment with flexible working hours and location
- Discounts with over 400 companies Australia wide (Technology, Retail, Home, Fashion and more!)
- Mobile and Broadband staff discounts
- Onsite facilities at Macquarie Park such as a Gym, GP, Mini-Mart, Cafes
- Training, Mentoring and further learning opportunities
- Staff busses to Epping and Wynyard, and back again
What you need to be successful?
You will have the opportunity to apply your technical, problem solving and customer engagement skills to help solve problems across Marketing, Service, Networks, Retail, TV & Content, Human Resources, Digital and Big Data domains.
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Analytics, or equivalent applied quantitative field;
- Understanding the use of data science to support marketing and customer initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to work with stakeholders to understand their business and ability to direct & advise on the best AI solution to meet their needs
- Proven experience managing projects end to end both individually and within a team
- Ability to think of different use-cases that can be solved by data analytics (Consulting)
- Demonstrated ability to execute data processing tasks, including data auditing, preparation, integration, transformation and aggregation using SQL, R, Python or Scala
- Exposure to engineering real time decision platforms and systems
- Exposure to mentoring data scientists and managing technical data analysis work
- Demonstrated ability to understand the difficulties and challenges of dealing with Big data OR demonstrated ability to work with variety of data types
- Ability to evaluate different analytical approaches that can be applied to solve a problem, select the most suitable one and justify the selection
At Optus, we don’t sit back and let the future happen to us – we’re out there making it.
This is a truly amazing opportunity to complement an exceptionally talented team of data science practitioners with an opportunity to work in agile teams and squads!
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!