About the team and agile working
The rapid pace of technology shifts and disrupts as well as increasing competition in the telco space means we need to work differently to anticipate what our customers want and stay ahead of our competitors. The Agile approach brings people together from different functions to work as one team. Being co-located and guided by a specific purpose, these cross-functional teams can drive collaboration across our different business divisions. The SMB (Small & Medium Business) Loyalty & Customer Value cross-functional team is being established to support our SMB business unity to maximising the lifetime value of every Optus SMB customer. The team will focus on delivering the business with a clear view and insights on the SMB base, build predictive models for churn and base growth and executing on campaigns to drive incremental uplift in base growth and customer retention.
About the role
The Data Analyst within the SMB Loyalty & Customer Value team is a critical role to help realise the vision of becoming a customer-centric, digital telco, driven by a data and advanced analytics capability that delivers exceptional and cost effective employee and customer experiences and optimises customer and household revenue growth.
As a senior technical specialist within a cross-organisational team, with the rare combination of both SQL and Tableau expertise the Data Analyst will be required to mentor stakeholders within the Loyalty & Customer Value Management, Data Centre of Excellence, Digital Marketing & Customer Engagement and frontline teams in order to enable best-practice use and understanding of our data insights and analytics self-service capabilities (Tableau) to fast-track our ability to grow revenue, increase scale and automation, reduce costs and improve customer experience. The ideal candidate for this role must be analytical, a good problem solver with an advanced knowledge of SQL and Tableau. Good intrapersonal skills and ability to work autonomously are also crucial to support cross functional engagement and decision making alongside peers. The Data Analyst will be a strong contributor to the analytics strategy, capability and delivery of insight and analytics programs of work required to support the SMB business to make better business decisions and to create more profitable and personalised products, offers, content, communications, sales and service experiences delivered at the right time, in the right channel, communicated in the right way, in the right context, to the right target customers and prospective customers… And with real time data on customer behaviours and business results!
Responsibilities will include:
• Querying customer data, performing analyses, and presenting findings in a clear and understandable language to cross functional team and stakeholders and drive adoption/understanding of these findings;
• Translating complex business questions into analytical tasks;
• Performing data, statistical and commercial analysis to understand how customer behaviour, product changes and market dynamics impact the SMB business;
• Consolidating information from across the Insights team to present a holistic view of customer behaviour and market trends including Research, Data Science, Commercial, External Market Analysis and Marketing effectiveness;
• Developing recommendations with a clearly articulated, structured argument;
• Delivering findings back to stakeholders to drive well-informed decision-making;
• To interpret the insights, we would require the data analyst to complex reports and dashboards which could entail building attrition curves, survival /decay curves, radial charts, area charts, surface charts, bubble charts which would help drive actions.
• Basic understanding of statistical techniques to provide meaningful base and campaign insights.
The Data Analyst will be engaging and collaborating with their key Business Unit/s stakeholders to understand the key business problems to be solved and the key business metrics they need to impact through business analysis and intelligence, supporting the translation of requirements into analytical tasks. The effective interpretation of business trends, customer behaviours and market dynamics are critical to the success of the company. In order to make these recommendations, the Data Analyst must be proficient in variety of analytical techniques including data, statistical and commercial analysis as well as be comfortable with research and unstructured datasets. The Data Analyst must be able to work with a number of stakeholders through the end-to-end business analysis process from requirements gathering to problem articulation and delivering recommendations back to the business. Above all, deliverables must demonstrate a structured approach, analysis and recommendations. The Data Analyst must ensure accuracy and completeness in the customer and performance data required to adequately support analytics and business intelligence for the BU portfolio they own. are any requirements will shared with their team and briefed into the Data Development & Visualisation team and any business problems that are better solved through collaboration with the Data Science or Research teams are briefed into and followed through in collaboration with those teams.
Optus believes in the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where backgrounds, perspectives and life experiences of our people help us innovate and create strong connections with our customers.
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy close dates may change, so make sure you apply today!