Ensyst is a specialist business leading in the focus area of cloud and data centre technologies across multiple vendors such as Microsoft, AWS, Cisco, Pure Storage, NetApp and Dell EMC. This Business Development Manager role is tasked with providing deep cloud sales expertise to support the Ensyst and Optus Business sales organisations.
The role will work independently and in unison with the Optus Business Sales teams per the allocated territory or as required, in the identification, qualification and closing of cloud and data centre opportunities.
Work collaboratively with all stakeholders (Account Managers, Solution Architects and other Specialists as needs be) to formulate appropriate solutions in consultation with and for customers that align with their needs and the Ensyst go to market strategy.
The role will require a high level of internal senior stakeholder, senior sales management and client relationship skills (CXO level) with strong planning skills to build and drive a cross organisational sales teams to deliver the desired results.
Demonstrable cloud and data centre experience, and a clear knowledge of the ICT marketplace are critical requirements.
Understanding client buying behaviour in focus market areas will be key in this role, as will be an individual who can provide tangible evidence of character qualities such as drive, energy, passion, resilience, enthusiasm and the focus and the hunger to succeed.
The role will drive revenue and gross profit. Financial performance and achievement reporting and analysis is required to forecast the success of the cloud and data centre portfolio.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying, qualifying and closing opportunities
- Consulting with customers to understand their business requirements
- Financial performance achievement
- Sales forecasting
- Design and proposals
- Continuous improvement
- Building strong internal partnerships
- Fostering customer focus and teamwork
Skills and Experience
- Experience and demonstrated capability is mandatory as well as an understanding of industry standards e.g.) ISO27000 series, specifically ISO27001/2, PCI-DSS, ISO31000.
- Substantial experience and a proven track record in consulting and selling complex solutions in specialist area of Cloud & Data Centre solutions
- Knowledge, understanding and application of Information Security standards, methodologies and practices
- Understanding of the Cloud & DC industry and evolution of technologies
- Cloud & Data Centre industry association membership and attendance; undertaken continuous professional education and knowledge improvement
- Business Development proven track record of identifying, hunting and closing new business across a number of corporate and government sectors
- Experience with Customer Experience related business requirements and providing complex cloud and data centre solutions to support improved customer outcomes, reduced vulnerabilities and increased efficiencies
- Experience working with technology from technology vendors such as; Cisco; Microsoft, AWS, NetApp, Dell EMC, PureStorage
- Experience crafting consulting, professional services and managed Cloud & Data Centre services proposals
- Excellent knowledge and skills in technologies, standards with appropriate technical level certifications
- Sound methodical approach to technical problem solving and architectural design of solutions
- Proven ability to identify "C level" decision makers; ability to initiate and develop successful strategic customer relationships directly tied to business and industry needs.
- Proven track record in the consulting and selling of complex solutions, and broad general knowledge of complex managed Cloud & Data Centre services
- Strong track record of accomplishment yet have a flexibility and willingness to try new sales methods, processes, combined with a thirst for continued learning and education
- Ability to bring and develop a deep understanding of a mix of industry sectors, client profiles and the networking opportunities therein
- Ability to perform under pressure and flexibility in approach to problems
- Work autonomously and are well organised, disciplined and methodical
- Ability to quickly develop strong customer and vendor relationships
- Strong team orientation (collaboration)
- Strong presentation skills coupled with superior interpersonal articulation and listening skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, combined with strong presence
Due to the fast paced nature of the Optus business, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change. Don’t delay, make sure you apply as soon as possible. We will assess applications as they are received.