Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you will definitely love foodpanda!
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Full stack Engineer to support our growing regional Engineering team that is based in Singapore.. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
We're looking for a talented Full stack Engineer to join our highly skilled software development team based in Singapore, working collaboratively with the wider projects department to solve real-life problems for our restaurant partners and contact centre. We are developing a new Menu management product which plugs in with our existing restaurant portal which is based on plug-in architecture. You will be responsible for front-end and back-end development of the menu management portal.
- Developing new user-facing features using React.js is preferred
- Building reusable components and front-end libraries for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Testing and writing testable code, experience with automated testing
- Experience with CI/CD (BitBucket / Maven / Jenkins)
- Experience with Node.js is preferred, but experience with php, python, golang is also relevant
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MySQL or MongoDB is preferred
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Typescript, Babel, Webpack, Yarn, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Flexible and open-minded personality
- You firmly believe in lean and agile development (Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with source control using Git
- A “can-do” attitude towards change and ambiguity
- Immediate availability strongly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in web development in e-commerce or hyperlocal industry
- Relevant engineering degree from a reputed university
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with a diverse background
- Regular company and team events