Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you will definitely love foodpanda!
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer (PHP) to support our growing regional engineering team that is based in Singapore. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
- Code quality, unit tests and scalability mean something to you
- You feel comfortable owning complex systems
- Ability to master any technology, language, or development environment that we might need in the future
- Deep knowledge of PHP, wide experience with the Symfony2 framework is a big plus
- Having experience with one or more of the following is an advantage but not a must-have: GitHub, AWS, ElasticSearch, Redis, MySQL
- Take part in designing, building and maintaining our highly complex and large platform serving thousands of customers every day
- Encounter new challenges every day and be a part of the technical team that is responsible for enhancing and maturing our great product
- Overall 8 years of experience with at least 6 years in PHP is a MUST
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent education or practical experience
- Very good communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge and understanding but not a must have: Symphony, Blackfire, Java, Node.js, Travis, Blazemeter and apiary
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with a diverse background
- Regular company and team events