Do you love food and convenience put together? Then you will definitely love foodpanda!
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Associate Software Engineer (Backend), based in our exciting Singapore office to support our growing regional Engineering team that is based in Singapore. You will be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
We're looking for a talented Associate Software Engineer (Backend) to join our highly skilled software development team based in Singapore, working collaboratively with the wider projects department to solve real-life problems for our restaurant partners and contact centre. We are developing a new Competitive Pricing product which extracts information from competitive sources and provides business intelligence metrics. You will be responsible for back-end development of the engine.
- As part of Competitive Pricing team, develop and extend feature to pull prices from different sources
- Experience building systems using relational and non-relational databases such as PostgreSQL or MySQL or MongoDB is plus
- Experience in Python is preferred but experience with Node.js (ES6+), PHP is also relevant
- Experience in web crawler and end to end testing framework is plus
- Participate in technical design and planning sessions
- Implement new features for the company's platform/applications
- Perform code reviews, bug fixes, etc
- Knowledge of using Docker or Serverless is plus
- Experience in writing unit test and integration test
- Flexible and open-minded personality
- Excited to learn & try out new things
- You firmly believe in lean and agile development (Scrum, Kanban)
- Familiarity with source control using Git
- A “can-do” attitude towards change and ambiguity
- At least 2 years of experience in web development or API development
- Relevant engineering degree from a reputed university or relevant work experience
What We Offer
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- An extra steep learning curve
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global company
- A vibrant and international team with a diverse background
- Regular company and team events