What’s the opportunity?
You will provide support, implementation, and maintenance of Corporate IT data communication services, with a focus on maximum availability and performance to Vocus internal employees.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing and maintaining Corporate IT data communications network services, components and associated infrastructure.
- Maintaining technical documentation, reports, and records regarding infrastructure solutions.
- Providing escalated (3rd level) technical support, troubleshooting and fault rectification of high-level technical issues related to networking equipment and services.
- Conducting acceptance tests and commissioning communications systems and equipment.
- Providing guidelines for training in the use and maintenance of networking equipment, systems and facilities.
- Testing, implementing, monitoring and tuning networking software/hardware to ensure optimum systems performance and highlight potential issues.
- Analyzing network traffic data and providing recommendations on performance improvements to network infrastructures as appropriate.
- Collaborate and work effectively with other teams
- Other Corporate IT tasks as directed
What we need from you:
- At least 3-5 years of commercial experience in IT/Network Engineering coupled with professional qualifications in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering.
- Experience and specialist skills in the configuration and maintenance of networking/communications infrastructure, including the ability to support a variety of technologies.
- Knowledge of industry standards and government regulations relevant to data communications/networking.
- Skills in Router Hardware/Software, Switch Hardware/Software, Protocols (TCP/IP), Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF), Load Balancers and Firewalls.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem-solving skills.
- Operational knowledge of networking systems and software covering both Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with a customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner and build relationships with a broad range of people.
- Absolute focus on service to users.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
It’s a seriously exciting time to join Vocus Group and there’s even more to come. If you think you want to join us and be part of something great, do it and apply now!
The extra stuff we know you want to know
We know how to celebrate our wins and we know learning from our mistakes makes us better. We are all about flexible working and, hand on heart, we practice work-life balance. We high five you on your work anniversary and give you a day off. We know time off is important for balance, so we have an option to buy more leave. We embrace your unique style and let you be a master of your own style with no dress code. This is just the tip of the iceberg, so jump on our careers site or LinkedIn to find out more!