The Role in Brief
Be part of a rapidly growing company serving the higher education industry with innovative marketing strategies, data-driven analysis, and comprehensive thought leadership. As a Sr. Database Administrator, you will play a key role in building and maintaining our Data Warehouse. Specifically, the Sr. DBA supports the application development lifecycle to provide a positive impact on the quality of applications and data transfers being developed. The Sr. DBA focuses on tasks related to building an effective, usable database warehouse to support the creation and maintenance of business intelligence reports and applications. As programs and systems are being built, the Sr. DBA is there to lend assistance and support – which includes building and maintaining the proper database structures and ETL process required by applications and reports.
- Designing for data integrity and maintaining data integrity in the development environments
- Interview end-users and turn the results of these interviews into a logical data model and E/R diagrams
- Partner with programmers in building and editing test data
- Provide tools to programmers to facilitate database testing and data refresh
- Work with the application team to ensure that proper methods are used to embed data access and modification logic into application programs
- Learn and support a variety of database technologies
- Assist developers with complex query tuning, schema refinement, and index management
- Work with the application team to create and maintain effective database-coupled application logic stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions (UDFs); these are programs that are under the control of the DBMS
- Develop and maintain the ETL process to support data warehouse, business intelligence, and external data integration needs.
- Performance assessments and health checks of the systems.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on design and implementation of multiple SQL and non-SQL based databases in the high-scale environment
- Experienced in data sanitization, data import, and export
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Table Partitioning
- Data Warehousing Concepts
- Table Partitioning
- Indexing strategies
- Experience with large datasets 1TB+
- Querying, optimizing queries/workloads
- Experience with various MSSQL tools: SSIS, SSRS, PowerShell
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SQL Service Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Experience building ETL packages and processes with speed and performance.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy