The Role in Brief
The Data Engineer provides data management support for all system operations to ensure quality and reliability for end-users and EAB’s members. The primary responsibility is to support as part of a larger team, the ongoing development and maintenance of our application and data warehousing systems by designing, developing, implementing and maintaining new and existing organizational information systems and applications. This position reports directly to the Operations Support Manager.
- Work with the application team to create and maintain effective database-coupled application logic stored procedures, triggers and user-defined functions (UDFs); these are programs that are under the control of the DBMS (SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB)
- Familiar with SQL Server products, i.e. SQL Integration Services and Reporting Services.
- Create and maintain scripts using Python and Powershell to automate tasks as needed.
- Designing for data integrity and maintaining data integrity in the development environments
- Interview end-users and turn the results of these interviews into a logical data model and E/R diagrams
- Partner with programmers in building and editing test data
- Learn and support a variety of database technologies
- Assist developers with complex query tuning, schema refinement, and index management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience working with SQL programming, i.e. writing queries, creating stored procedures
- Experienced in data sanitization, data import, and export (ETL).
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Experience across multiple SQL and NoSQL database systems
- Experience with open source technologies
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy