The Role in Brief
Be part of a rapidly growing company serving the higher education industry with innovative marketing strategies, data-driven analysis, and comprehensive thought leadership. As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in building our leading-edge marketing platform and drive the connections between complex data entities and underlying systems. In this role, you will be responsible for creating new products, improving existing products, and play a hands-on role in delivering products in a rapid and dynamic environment.
- Design, develop and implement advanced ETL pipelines that bring together data from disparate sources, making it available to users using a variety of ETL tools.
- Facilitate cross-functional data-integration efforts upstream and downstream
- Detect data quality issues, identify their root causes, implement fixes, and design data audits to capture issues
- Extract data from multiple sources, and integrate them into a target database, application, or file using efficient programming processes.
- Implement and deploy solutions in a CI/CD pipeline
- Write and refine code to ensure the performance and reliability of data extraction and processing.
- Communicate with all levels of stakeholders as appropriate, including product managers, application developers, business users.
- Participate in requirements gathering sessions with product managers and technical staff to distill technical requirements from business requests.
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency and reliability in ETL development.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance resources to debug code and ensure the timely delivery of products.
- Some of our technologies might include Talend as well as various data stores such as Postgres SQL, S3, Aurora and AWS services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, system analysis or a related field preferred or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in Data Warehousing and building data pipelines.
- At least 1 year of experience in software development and Data Warehousing using ETL tools like Talend.
- At least 1 year of experience developing and deploying applications on AWS
- 1+ years of building applications in AWS or any cloud environment
- 1+ years of experience creating automated solutions
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy