Java Software Engineer to design, develop and implement complicated and difficult software capabilities for computer-based systems. Candidate must have strong working knowledge and experience developing Java-based software capabilities. Candidate should have an inquisitive nature, responsiveness, and excellent testing skills. Must also possess strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work under pressure with multiple deadlines. We will work in a fast-paced, small business environment with our talented team.
- A current Secret level government clearance is required and therefore all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
- No clearance for very qualified candidates
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (i.e. computer science, engineering, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Modern Java Frameworks and Libraries (e.g. Spring, Guava)
- Experience in designing enterprise APIs
- Experience in RESTful web services
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) paradigms
- Experience with the agile software lifecycle
- Has a proven ability to learn quickly and works well both independently as well as in a team setting
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Git, Nexus, Maven)
- Experience in cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full-text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
Scripting experience is a huge plus.