This State Government department is seeking a Senior Data Analyst to join on an initial 6-month contract, with possible extension beyond that.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be ensuring timely reporting of metrics and increase data awareness/analysis of key initiatives. You will also be tasked with producing monthly reports, fulfill ad-hoc requests and undertake regular cleaning/transformation of data sets.
- Provide reporting and analytics support to the leader of Data Strategy.
- Work with stakeholders as required to ensure that outputs are fit for purpose and drive organizational decision making
- Building relationships with key personnel across the business to understand the data landscape, and enhance data awareness and usage by stakeholders
- Extract data from multiple organisational systems, ensuring data accuracy and integrity is maintained
- Deliver meaningful analysis and insights as directed
- Creating and maintaining structured data sets for on-going reporting, including the ability to create a script for automation where possible
- Generate concise and accurate dashboards
- Proficiency in organizational wide reporting, including report design, data analysis, and insights
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel; ability to proficiently create pivot tables, v-look-ups, logical statements, VBA code, etc.
- Advanced user of Microsoft PowerBI; ability to proficiently DAX code to create DAX formulas, row-level security and administer workspaces.
- Proven ability to understand and apply sound business acumen, translating complex data insights into simple actionable outcomes for personnel without a background or previous exposure to data.
- Proven ability to work with structured and unstructured data sets and apply lateral thinking as to how to create meaningful insights.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and prioritize processes and tasks, including the ability to recognize and manage barriers, to achieve goals.
- Proven ability to build and maintain sustainable relationships with people at all levels through forging useful partnerships across different business and functional areas.
- Ability to identify gaps in information and to observe fine details.