This well known Federal Agency based out of docklands are undertaking a major IT remediation/transformation across the departments ICT systems and related business processes and applications, focus on addressing security and resilience risks.
It aims to secure and strengthen all elements of the Bureau's operating environment to provide continuous availability of critical services, mitigating the risks arising from the fragility of the existing.
within this program, there are 2 requirements for Software Engineers with a C/C++, Python & Bash coding background to work on some code remediation.
What's in it for you?
Long Term work
Great work/life balance
Work on one or more Application Remediation projects and be the primary resource within the team to perform the detailed design, build/refactoring and deployment of remediated code. You will work closely with the project managers and test manager, release team and co-ordinate work with other technical staff.
Typical Activities include, but are not limited to:
- o Assisting the estimating and planning of development work
- o Authoring detailed designs or technical documentation
- o Build planning and documentation
- o Application coding/ Reconfiguration
- o Application migration, deployment, and Release Notes
- o Test execution support
- o Triaging and Resolving test defects
- o Supporting handover to operations and go-live deployment
- o Providing input into Change Authorities (CAB)
Responsibilities - Full Requirements
- Contribute to project initiation phases with technical inputs where required by the project manager
- Lead the execute phase activities on one or more projects (detailed design, build, unit test, deployment)
- Provide project (SDLC) delivery guidance to Bureau technical resources where required
- Support the testing team in test planning, execution, and defects fixes
- Comply with all Bureau work, health and safety policies and procedures, and take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of employees, contractors, and visitors who may be affected by your conduct.
- Commitment to APS Values, Employment Principles, Code of Conduct and the Bureau's Social Justice Strategy.
What are we looking for in an ideal candidate?
- At least 5 years of development experience working on Linux based applications. Specifically
- Sound understanding and working knowledge of using GIT/SVN
- Sound knowledge of common open-source infrastructure and development platforms
- Advanced skills in authoring technical project documentation (Design Documents, Build Documents, Release Notes, Deployment Guides)
- Software Engineering/ Computer science degree
- Working knowledge of application container concepts
- Development experience on Perl, PHP
- Experience in lead or contributing to application remediation projects using Agile and Waterfall models