In this role, you will:
· Partner with a cross-functional team of data scientists, software engineers, and product managers to deliver product customers love
· Leverage a broad stack of technologies — Python, Conda, AWS, H2O, Spark, and more — to reveal the insights hidden within huge volumes of numeric and textual data
· Build machine learning models through all phases of development, from design through training, evaluation, validation, and implementation
· Flex your interpersonal skills to translate the complexity of your work into tangible business goals
The Ideal Candidate is:
· Customer first. You love the process of analyzing and creating, but also share our passion to do the right thing. You know at the end of the day it’s about making the right decision for our customers.
· Innovative. You continually research and evaluate emerging technologies. You stay current on published state-of-the-art methods, technologies, and applications and seek out opportunities to apply them.
· Creative. You thrive on bringing definition to big, undefined problems. You love asking questions and pushing hard to find answers. You’re not afraid to share a new idea.
· A leader. You challenge conventional thinking and work with stakeholders to identify and improve the status quo. You’re passionate about talent development for your own team and beyond.
· Technical. You’re comfortable with open-source languages and are passionate about developing further. You have hands-on experience developing data science solutions using open-source tools and cloud computing platforms.
· Statistically-minded. You’ve built models, validated them, and backtested them. You know how to interpret a confusion matrix or a ROC curve. You have experience with clustering, classification, sentiment analysis, time series, and deep learning.
· A data guru. “Big data” doesn’t phase you. You have the skills to retrieve, combine, and analyze data from a variety of sources and structures. You know understanding the data is often the key to great data science.
· Bachelor’s Degree plus 4 years of experience in data analytics, or Master’s Degree plus 2 years of experience in data analytics, or PhD
· At least 2 years’ experience in open source programming languages for large scale data analysis
· At least 2 years’ experience with machine learning
· At least 2 years’ experience with relational databases
· PhD in “STEM” field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics)
· At least 1 year of experience working with AWS
· At least 4 years’ experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
· At least 4 years’ experience with machine learning
· At least 4 years’ experience with SQL
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.