Job Reference #: 197220BR
Do you have a knack for technology? Are you at your best when supporting others? We’re looking for someone like that to:
– serve as the IT Support Analyst for the Investment Bank Operations team within L2.
– face off to senior Operations, Development, Infrastructure staff as well as 3rd party support vendor and work to forge solid relationships with these teams
– challenge the status quo and work to improve the support model used by the regional / global support teams
– provide incident, problem and event management according to ITIL standards
– ensure all capacity issues are addressed and applications are tested annually for Disaster Recovery
– provide environment planning and ensure all end-of-life technologies have a remediation plan
– assist with work driver and alert reduction efforts across the application portfolio
You’ll be working in the Investment Banking Operations team within UBS's Technology Operations Center (TOC) Application Support. The TOC Application Support covers both front-office and back-office functions. The TOC is chartered with ensuring stability of the production environment and is the gatekeeper that ensures that only properly tested and planned changes are implemented. Globally, the team is split into two groups; 1) the Level 2 Application Support group and 2) the Service Transition Team that provides Change and Release planning, deployment, and post implementation verification.
TOC IB Operations is a global team providing 24 * 5.5 support located in India, Singapore and US. They support highly critical back office functions such as settlement and confirmations, regulatory reporting, collateral valuations for various products within Investment Banking portfolio.
– 5 years with an Investment Bank or financial institution managing a Level 2 support team
– general knowledge of Securities, Collateral, Derivatives, FXMM and regulatory reporting applications and technologies
– Solid understanding of securities settlement flows , life cycles , market cut-offs etc.,
– Solid Linux / Unix skills, Shell or Perl scripting experience and understand Autosys and MQ/EMS technologies
– Hands on experience in Progress database and Visual cyber query
– Solid knowledge on Gloss Products – WISPA used for settlement of Fixed Income
– Strong product knowledge on SHARES & NOVA (3rd party supplied settlement products)
Process and Soft skills:
– a complete understanding of the ITIL Service Framework (incident, problem, release and event management
– a natural ability to solve complex issues and lead complex technical projects
– solid stakeholder management and relationship skills
– a continuous improvement mindset with proven success in this area
– an effective leader that has managed technical people under a follow-the-sun support model
– a confident communicator that can explain complex technical issues to non-technical and senior stakeholder audiences
– a proven incident & crisis manager with the ability to perform under pressure
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.