Your new role
Cloud Migration Engineer (Linux) with expert level knowledge and experience in designing, building and migrating Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) workloads to complex hybrid cloud environments across AWS, Azure, VMware, and Nutanix. Candidates will have the ability to analyze the “current state” of applications, workloads, and their dependencies. They will develop multiple migration approaches to cater to differing workloads including the actual migration method and other factors including cost and timing. The role will work with the cloud operations, solution design, infrastructure, application, and business teams during all phases of the migration planning and execution.
What you'll need to succeed
• High-level experience in the maintenance and operation of RHEL platforms.
• High-level experience in automation technologies (Ansible) and scripting languages (Bash, PowerShell, Python).
• High-level experience in the hybrid cloud services space with a solid understanding of cloud implementations and migrations.
• Proficient with Infrastructure Engineering Architecture like VNets/VPC, Firewalls, NATs, ACL’s, Security Groups and Routing etc.
• Proficient with RHEL, AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Ansible, SaaS, PaaS, CaaS and IaaS, Web Security, Citrix VDI.
• Experience in development/programming – Java, Python or other. • Good knowledge of REST APIs, API Integration.
• Exposure to containers and container orchestration (Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes)
• Experience with Atlassian suite e.g. JIRA, Bamboo, Confluence, Bitbucket etc.
• Knowledge of virtualization technologies and vendors.
• Lead AWS or Azure migration efforts (desirable).
• Experience in Azure Active Directory, Azure networking, ARM, RBAC, Azure Security Center (desirable)
• Experience in AWS IAM, AWS Networking, CloudFormations (desirable)